Friday, August 19, 2011

One Last Trip!

School is starting next week, and we decided it would be fun to try to go on one more trip to visit family before school started. I did not take many pictures, but here are a few that I took:
My Dad took Friday off of work and we went up the Emgiration Canyon in Idaho. We had a picnic with my Dad, Grandma, Sister Liz and her little boy Cooper.
After our picnic we went on a hike.

We were lucky enough to be there during huckleberry season!!
Little Cooper loved the huckleberries! The first one that he ate was a confusing thing to him. He did not know what it was. After the first few he was coaxing for more!
The kids enjoyed being scavengers and picking things from the wild forest!!
The next morning Grandpa and Julia made huckleberry syrup and pancakes! They were sure delicious!
When we were done picnicking, hiking and picking we went to the the Liberty, Idaho cemetery where some of my Grandmother's Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles are buried.
We were lucky enough to be able to spend time with a great friend of mine and her two kiddos! This is her sweet boy Hudson jumping on the trampoline with Cecilia.
We had a water party with her kids!
We had a girls lunch earlier in the day, but I did not get any pictures of it! We will have to get together again soon!

2 comments:

Kelly Beckstead said...

I remember picking huckleberries when we were kids and then making pancakes from them. Those were some fun times. Looks like your kiddos also enjoyed the experience as well.

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

It was so great to see your family (too bad Ben wasn't there)! I just love how much fun my kids have playing with yours. And it is SO nice getting to talk to you just like old times. :)