Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I guess I lied....

My last post was titled "One Last Trip". I thought it was our last trip before school started, but for the third weekend in a row we went out of town! Ben's Dad was clearing out his house and had giant garage sale. He wanted to know if we wanted to look through Ben's Mom's things before they were sold. I am so glad we went up. It felt like it brought on a new stage of the grieving process. We really miss Ben's Mom and it has been a challenge to adjust to life without her! It was hard to realize that all of her earthly possessions and the home that reminded us of her were going to be gone. Ben was very excited to be given her large nativity set. He keeps mentioning to me over and over again how happy he is that we have it. After spending the day helping at the garage sale we thought the kids deserved a break and we stopped by Chuck E Cheese on the way home.
She won over a hundred tickets with one token!

Ben's sister Emily went with us! We were so glad to have her there!
Cecilia and Emily were having a Chuck E Cheese card made with their pictures on it.
Good job Benson!

2 comments:

Meli O. said...

That is so good that you got to do that!! The little things that you get to keep from family is really fun. Especially something like that because you get to bring it out every christmas. My kiddos love chuck-e-cheese. That is one of the things that they miss about denver. So fun!! Marisa told me today as soon as she got home that it was so fun to have twinner shoes with julia :D

Kelly Stoddart said...

I love mini vacations! looks like fun!