Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Blau Time

Earlier this Summer we had a family reunion with my side of the family and part of the reunion included camping and going to Lagoon. When I started this post I thought it would be a great idea to combine the two activities.... Well, when I was almost done adding pictures I realized what a long post it had turned out to be! Good luck making it to the end!
We all decided to go on a hike.....
Janie and Benson were the only kids that made it the whole hike
Grandma and the girls had a great time playing with stickers
Cecilia and Beverly
There were some epic water fights
Julia had a lot of fun getting wet!
Benson was very involved in getting others wet!
Cecilia, Benson and I hiked the Crimson Trail up Logan Canyon with Grandpa, Valerie and Janie.
Cecilia was sure a good trooper on the trail.....possibly named Crimson Trail because of the narrow trails that had steep drop offs down the side!! I was a little scared myself a few times as I thought I might fall down and break a leg or something!
Benson loved hiking so much that he asked my Dad to wake him up early the last morning to take him on a third hike up to the Wind Caves. Being a scientist at heart he was so excited to discover fossils on the way down the mountain.
They kids all had fun blowing bubbles!
These two cousins bonded over fishing!
Grandma loved spending time with the two babies...but can you blame her?! They are pretty cute!
Kelly Jo with her sweet Attila
There was a little spring in the campground that kept the kids very entertained.
Uncle Courtney brought his remote control car, and entertained the kids for quite awhile. The kids were supposed to chase after the car...
The girls were mixing up their cobbler, and they said they were in a cooking competition!
Roasting marshmallows with Aunt Kelly!

We went back to my Mom's house on Thursday, and then went to Lagoon the next day!
Julia and Janie riding together!
Cecilia and Beverly
Benson and Grandpa on the Tidal Wave
Ben and the girls
Most of us went on the Dragonfly together
Waiting in line
Leonard did so well at Lagoon. Here he is taking a little nap.
They survived their ride!
Ben and Benson went on many very scary rides!
Julia, Grandma and Janie had some fun on the Tilt A Whirl together. My Mom admitted that it spun a little faster than she remembered that it would!
Benson and Alton on the train at Lagoon.
Cecilia having fun with Ben
Julia, Aunt Val and Janie

2 comments:

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

That wasn't too long, have you seen some of my posts? I think it is wonderful that you were all able to get together (and hopefully John can come next time). What great fun for the kids and the adults. You can really tell from the pictures how much your parents enjoy being grandparents. Looks like you made some great memories!

Valerie said...

Awww... good times, good times! I think this trip was one of the most memorable for my kids. They talk all the time about things we did while in Utah. But you want to know what they talk about even more? They always talk "the time our cousins came to our house" while I was in France. I think I heard that phrase 3 times today. My kids think we should all move to be Grandma Robyn's neighbors then we could have sleepovers all the time.