Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's All a Wash!

Toward the beginning of October my Mom, Dad, Grandma, and my Grandma's dog, Koda, came down to visit. It was such nice weather, that we decided to go to the Buckhorn Wash! Here are some pictures we took:
I love this mischievous little girl! Just look at her smile! I wonder what she was about to do with those rocks!!!
She really wanted me to take a picture of her sitting in this tree!
My Benson boy
Some of my favorite people!
Rock art
Some more rock art...
This is a spot in the rock where Indians ground a special indigenous plant.
My Mom
Benson and Julia hanging out.
Grandpa Blau helping Julia
A funky plant
Ben, Julia and Benson
My Dad and Ben on top of the arch.
My Grandma and her dog Koda! The are best buddies and so we had Grandma bring her down to Price to visit us at our house. Koda was pretty good!
My Dad, Ben and Julia inside the arch.
This is a picture of a tree that is named the survivor tree! It is growing in the middle of a cave! There is no soil for it! When Ben was running Summer therapy groups he would take groups of teenage boys that have had a rough life to see the this tree. They talk about how incredible it is that this has grown up with no nourishing soil around it's base to help it grow. He then compares it to their lives, and how they too have not had that nourishing soil!
Ben, Benson and the base of aforementioned "Survivor Tree".
Here is a shot of the tree that really shows how amazing it is that there is no soil for it to grow in!
Words really can not express how neat this tree is!
Some of the beautiful scenery.
Ben and my Grandma looking at a sign together.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad Grandma got to come see you! Looks like you all had fun :)

Erica said...

I can't wait to go visit that place! It looks awesome! What a cool place...and it's not that far! What a cool place. Cute pictures of the kids.

Amber Chappell said...

I've never heard of Buckhorn wash. Where is it? I'd love to go check it out someday.

Moores said...

I had never hear of it before Ben said that he wanted to go there. He takes the youth there during his Summer recreational groups. It is pretty neat, especially because it is not to far away!

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Those are some really awesome photos. You take really good pictures! That tree is amazing. What a good analogy for life.