Monday, September 19, 2011

A Big Change


We decided to tackle a big project recently. We decided to repaint the exterior of our house, deck and our shed. I took some pictures to document the journey. This is the before picture.
Ben did a really good job of power washing the house before we painted.
I was the paint scrapper and Ben was the sander. This is what he looked like one evening after sanding with a power sander all day! He had a sawdust beard!
My Dad is painting the chimney! I don't know what we would have done without his help!
Cecilia was up on the roof for about twenty mintues....after that she did not want to get back up there. I think she did not think it was to fun.
Anytime the ladder was near the roof and an adult was around Benson and Julia were up on the roof!
Benson, Julia and my Mom really enjoyed playing "roof ball"! The kids would throw my Mom the ball and then she would throw it back up to them. Not only did my Mom help entertain the kids, but she helped with a lot of painting!
It was fun to have my sister Liz, her husband Courtney and their baby Cooper down for the project.
We had to hide the ladder after we were done with the painting. Benson and Julia enjoyed being on the roof a little to much!
We took a break from the painting to go to the park!
Yeeehaww!! Giddy yup little bumblebee!
Cooper had a blast
The front porch
This is a picture of the finished front of the house. When we finish painting the back deck I will post some pictures of the back of the house.

6 comments:

Kelly Beckstead said...

I really like you house. You guys did a really good job. I love the colors. I agree with Julia and Benson that it is fun to be on top of a roof.

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Oh, wow! Looks great! I love the colors too!

Kelly Stoddart said...

I think it looks fantastic. Sounds like; a big project though I am nervous to do our housw:)

Oveson's said...

I love your cute house it looks amazing!!! way to go!!!

The Graves.... said...

It looks great! I can't wait to actually see it in person!

Unknown said...

It looks awesome! Big project but it looks great!