Sunday, May 30, 2010

Trying to be Patient!

On Tuesday May 11, a driver hit the front of my van. We were all okay, but it has changed my day to day life! She did not have auto insurance, and so my insurance and myself are left to pay the bill!! Unfortunately, my policy did not include coverage for a rental car. I have decided that you never know what you should have, or what you do not have in a policy, until it is to late! Oh, well! Such is life! So, basically I have been without a vehicle for almost three weeks. (Ben's truck is a stick shift, and I do not know how to drive it!) I have had to make some adjustments to my lifestyle. I very rarely stay home for more than one day in a week. So, since my van is in the shop, we have been walking or staying home a lot more lately! One day, the kids wanted to play in the water. It was much to cold for that, and so I filled their little pool with warm water from the house one pot at a time!! They had a blast!

On another day, we decided to go on a "Grand Adventure"! We walked and rode bikes all over town!

On one of our water breaks the kids wanted me to take pictures of themselves with silly faces!

We stopped at McDonalds! It took us over an hour to ride bikes to McDonald's, but it was well worth it to my kids!
She had a great time!
She really wanted me to take this picture!

They think it will take another week or so for my van to be fixed! We will be looking at three and half to four weeks!! Hopefully it will be fixed soon, but until it is we will be trying to make the best of it!

6 comments:

Erica said...

Oh Charity!! I'm so sorry! We are finally coming home next week so I would be happy to help you out any way I can! I can't believe you rode all the way to McDonalds!! Way to go!

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

Oh no! That is awful! I hope your insurance company is planning on trying to recoupe both your costs in court. Cute pictures though! It hasn't really been warm enough here yet to break out the swimming pools, but I hope it will be soo!

Ginger said...

at least you are making the most of it...live and learn. We don't have rental either, should soon though.

Brittney said...

Oh no! I am glad you guys are ok! How scary! And I know what you mean about being stuck at home, i try to be out busy doing stuff all the time, so I understand, but it sounds like you are making the best of it! A bike ride to Mcdonalds sounds fun! Your kids always look like they are so happy and have fun always! Love it! If something were to happen to my car I think we would be in the same boat as you, I can't drive a stick shift either and that is what Micah's car is!

McKette said...

That is probably so hard. If I had any extra seats I would offer you a ride. Hopefully soon it will be fixed so we can go swimming:)

Brena and Brendan said...

That would be so awful! I am so sorry! If you ever need a car just give me a call! I would love to let you borrow ours! Really! And you are such a great mom to make the best out of your situation! Your kids are having a blast!!!